2022 has been a tremendous year! It's been heartening to experience our own phenomenal growth, achieved with and made possible by you, our wonderful customers. A huge, heartfelt thank you for your endless support!
We're all about celebrating the small (and big!) things here at Webster's, and as the year comes to a close, we couldn't be more excited to share some of our special milestones with you:
- Earlier in the year, we opened our first retail space, nestled within our warehouse at 7 Clarke Road, Te Puna, Tauranga. It's been such a joy to meet many of you in person and to reconnect with familiar faces who supported us back in the early days of our market stall. This new premises has enabled us to blend, package and dispatch every tea order, all in one beautiful space.
- The stats are in, and we're proud as punch to share that approximately 850,000 cups of Webster's Tea were consumed this year! It's a fair assumption that we've saved close to that many tea bags by replacing them with our loose leaf organic tea.
- Over on the journal, we published 14 blog posts, with our most popular article being 'What are tea bags made of?'. We're so pleased you care about the environment just as much as we do! We also shared an abundance of delicious recipes, with 'The best old-fashioned gingerbread' as your standout favourite.
- Since its release in June, our soothing chamomile blend has produced an estimated 22,000 cups and is (most likely) responsible for many peaceful nights of sleep.
- In July, we welcomed another team member, the lovely Lauren, and the birth of our now 5-month-old daughter, Penny.
- After a long hiatus, we reintroduced our much loved Kawakawa tea, thanks to our new sourcing partner from just over the hill in Waikato.
Thank you for making our favourite moments from this year possible!
Please note, we're closed from the 24th of December, and re-open on the 9th of January. During this time, we'll spend our break traversing the North Island, soaking up the sunshine, and visiting friends and family from Taranaki to Taihape. Our online store is still open, with all orders being dispatched as soon as we're back on the 9th.
Looking forward to 2023, we have many exciting projects in the pipeline, including plenty of new tea releases, more beautiful tea accessories, collaborations and of course delicious recipes. We can't wait to share them with you - stay tuned for plenty of goodness to come in the new year!
I hope you have a joyful and well-earned Christmas break with your loved ones.
A very merry Webster's Christmas to you!
- Mark, Ash, Erin and Lauren.